Working at Egg isn’t just a job. It’s about making compelling and inspiring experiences for our clients and their audiences.
We work hard to create the magic. But we know how to have fun too. And it beats being just another cog in a faceless machine.
Bring your authentic self
At Egg we care about each other as much as we care about our customers and our business. We celebrate uniqueness and are proud of the glorious human mosaic that is Egg. And we’re always on the lookout for fresh talent and friendly faces to enrich and expand our team.
Which brings us to you.
Tenacious and growth-minded, you thrive on cultivating new business opportunities and closing deals, but you are equally conscientious about servicing existing clients and providing a superior customer service. You are personable with excellent presentation skills and relationship-building abilities and have a knack for converting lukewarm leads into sizzling growth prospects.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the business development in support of our ambitious growth agenda across multiple geographies, developing existing clients and looking out for new leads
- Localize the global business development efforts
- Analyze the quality of the leads and qualify briefs before sending them to Brand and Key Account Directors
- Promote the image and advertise EGG’s expertise to new prospects to identify their needs
- Analyze market developments and keep a close eye competitors' offers to help us stay relevant in the local market
- Work with internal departments to optimize customer experience and quality of service
(We really mean it. Candidates who do not meet the following criteria will not be considered.)
- 5+ years experience in in a commercial/sales role in the events, hospitality or marketing/communications industry
- Enthusiastic, with excellent negotiating skills, combined with a pragmatic and solution-oriented approach
- Willing to travel
- Self-motivated and autonomous
- Ability to quickly read customers and identify needs
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written French/Flemish/English (No scrambled oeufs at Egg, svp.)
Nice to haves
- Fluency in other languages (in addition to those mentioned above)
- Agency experience
What we bring to the table
- A dynamic and inclusive company culture where we work really hard to have the right people doing the right job. (We’ve been known to swap or create jobs in the past to make sure everyone is in their career sweet spot.)
- Flexible working hours and structure (fully remote in some locations, hybrid in others)
- Salary based on experience + performance-based annual variable pay bonus
- Creative and brilliant colleagues
- Attractive career opportunities, including international assignments
- An annual get-together in some of the fanciest locations on the planet. We’ve been to Paris, New York and more recently in Dubai. Any ideas for 2024?
- Lunch vouchers
- Home office / tech stipend
- Subsidised gym membership
- Pet-friendly offices (depending on location)
- Free coffee in all offices
The hiring process
- Online application (You’ve swiped right.)
- First intro phone/video call (We’ve swiped right, now let’s find out if we have chemistry!)
- First round interview (We like you. Now it’s time to get to know you better)
- Second round interview (Hey, we like you a lot. Wanna meet the family?)
- Offer (We’re in love. We hope you are too)
The most important bit
At Egg, everyone’s ideas and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged. We’re constantly striving to do better and be better: we give each other feedback regularly, not just top-down from leadership, but bottom-up and sideways too! Accountability is key: it’s okay to make mistakes as long as we own and learn from them. People who thrive at Egg have a deep curiosity to keep improving, learning and coaching others.
Our nest is made up of people from all walks of life and from different social and cultural backgrounds. We believe equity and inclusivity lead to better work and a better world. That’s why, when we’re hiring new people we don’t talk about “culture fit”, but “culture add”.
We encourage and welcome applications from all genders, BIPOC, members of LGBTQ2S+ communities, and people with visible and non-visible disabilities.